Travel In Culture (‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘our’) is associated with the www.travelinculture.com website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service, and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the service. By using the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a data controller of your information. If you’d like to learn more about GDPR and your rights under GDPR, we refer to the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Information Collection And Use
We collect information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
On our website we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (‘personal data’). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
It is data you provide through our contact form, emailing us, or via a subscription you may choose to make. You can at any time unsubscribe again. You can ask us to inform you about and delete the information we have about you, unless we need to retain it for record keeping purposes, or when required by law. We will periodically review our list of subscribers and erase personal data that we no longer have any purposes to retain. We do not sell user-entered personally identifiable information about you to any third parties.
Moreover, IP addresses may be stored for security purposes.
We strongly advise that you never submit sensitive personal information to our website. If you do so anyway, it is beyond our responsibility.
Additionally, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a device (for further details about usage data, please see below). We track your user behaviour on our website through cookies (for further details, please see below).
– Usage Data
We may in an anonymised way for analytical purposes collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service, or when you access the service by or through a device (‘usage data’).
This usage data may include information such as your computer’s IP address in an anonymised way, browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, referring websites and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, this usage data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the anonymised IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, referring websites and other diagnostic data.
– Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies can be set for necessary, functional, security, analytical, advertising, tracking and other purposes.
Click on the button to manage your cookie settings:Settings
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can delete cookies in your web browser as described in the following link: How to delete browser cookies.
The website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link related to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed in your browser to track any sales for the purpose of commissions.
If you click on our social media buttons, a cookie may also be set.
Cookies used on our website include:
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|__cfduid||1 month||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||0||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|__cf_bm||30 minutes||This cookie is set by CloudFare. The cookie is used to support Cloudfare Bot Management.|
|_ga||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||1 day||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.|
|ad-id||6 months 27 days||Provided by amazon-adsystem.com for tracking user actions on other websites to provide targeted content|
|bkng||5 years||The cookie is set by Booking.com. The exact purpose of the cookie is not known yet.|
|_pxhd||1 year||This cookie is used by the Zoominfo. This cookie collects information on user behaviour on multiple websites. This information is used inorder to optimize the relevance of advertisements.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_126389021_1||1 minute||No description|
Our Rights Concerning Information Submitted For Publishing Purposes
If you (by email or through a form on our website) choose to submit information and/or referral information/weblinks with the intention of getting it published on our website (in a ‘guest post’ or ‘local tip’), you hereby accept that we reserve the right to keep it published on Travel In Culture only as long as we consider it relevant on/to our website. Travel In Culture only publishes the user submitted information and does not in any way validate or rate the user submitted information or tips. Readers will have to make their own validation, judgement and use general common sense.
Travel In Culture reserves the right to edit the phrasing of a travel tip such that it is aligned with the structure and phrasing of other travel tips on the website. Moreover, we may include affiliate links related to the tips and guest posts.
Use of Data
Travel In Culture uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
- To monitor the usage of the service
- To store user consents
- To detect, prevent and address technical as well as security issues
- To show information specific to user’s country of origin (IP addresses are used to determine the user’s country of origin). Only anonymised IP addresses are stored.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to, processed and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Travel In Culture may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Travel In Culture
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To make our service possible. Therefore we may need to share your data with third parties. For example we share subscribers’ information with our mail sending service.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Nevertheless, we strive to work only with partners, that to the best of our knowledge each have high standards of user privacy and security, and use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to host and facilitate our service (‘service providers’), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services, to make our service available worldwide at a reasonable page speed, to provide us with backups of our data and website, to ensure the security of the website, or to assist us in analysing how our service is used, as well as to improve service and performance. On our website we use a number of ‘plugins’ to help us perform some of these tasks.
If third parties have access to your personal data, it is only to perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third-party Service Providers And Plugins Used
- Google Analytics, by MonsterInsights Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. IP addresses are anonymised and Google Analytics is GDPR compliant. Google Analytics sets Analytics cookies. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Wordfence Security We use Wordfence Security to manage security issues. It uses security cookies to identify blocked countries/users/IP addresses, otherwise no cookies for non-logged in users. Please visit Wordfence Security for terms and conditions. Wordfence is GDPR compliant.
- UpdraftPlus We use UpdraftPlus for backups and restores. Please visit UpdraftPlus for terms and conditions.
- W3 Total Cache We use W3 Total Cache for technical purposes. W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of the website by increasing website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices. W3 Total Cache sets no cookies. Please visit W3 Total Cache for further details.
- Stackpath We use Stackpath for CDN (Content Delivery Network) delivery worldwide. It secures and accelerates personal websites, blogs, and more. Our website is via Stackpath made available on servers at various locations around the world. Stackpath supports their customers in meeting their GDPR obligations. Please visit Stackpath for further details.
- Antispam Bee We use Antispam Bee for spam detection. Antispam Bee blocks spam comments and trackbacks effectively, without captchas and without sending personal information to third-party services. It uses session/security cookies. Antispam Bee is GDPR compliant. Please visit Antispam Bee for further details.
- WPForms Lite We use WPForms Lite to create our contact forms. No cookies are set and no data are stored in the Lite version. Please visit WPForms Lite for further details.
- AddToAny We use AddToAny to provide easy access to distribute our articles and images to social media platforms. By design, AddToAny does not store personal data. Their technology vendors are GDPR compliant, and may temporarily store an IP address and set a client cookie for security purposes. Please visit AddToAny for further details.
- GDPR Cookie Consent We use GDPR Cookie Consent by Webtoffee to provide cookie consent. GDPR Cookie Consent saves users’ IP addresses with the last part hidden. The plugin sets only necessary cookies. Please visit Webtoffee for further details.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Disclosure of Sponsored Links, Affiliate Tracking & Commissions
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL, an image, a form or as a titled text link.
Clicking on any advertisement, sponsored or affiliate link may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In this way we may earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
Specifically, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. As a booking.com affiliate partner, as a Japan Rail Pass affiliate partner, as an iVisa affiliate partner and as a World Nomads affiliate partner we earn from purchases through our affiliate links.
We use advertising and affiliate partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
All views and opinions expressed on this website are entirely our own. We have no control over and assume no responsibility or guarantee for the services and products offered through affiliate or other links / descriptions. The services and products offered should therefore always be verified with the provider.
If you have any concerns about these things, we suggest you do not click on any advertisements or links (sponsored, affiliate or others) found throughout the website.
Email Newsletter Subscription
Users can subscribe to our email newsletter. Our newsletters comply with the GDPR and are sent through an email sending service provider such as the MailPoet sending service. Using an email sending service enables us to send out newsletters to a list of subscribers.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (‘children’).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The website Travel In Culture belongs to
VAT: DK 3i9622521