Travel In Culture (“us”, “we”, or “our”) is associated with the www.travelinculture.com website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service, and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the service. By using the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a data controller of your information. If you’d like to learn more about GDPR and your rights under GDPR, we refer to the GDPR regulations.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“personal data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
It is all by you voluntarily provided information through entering your data in our contact form, emailing us, or via a subscription you may choose to make. You can at any time unsubscribe again. You can also at any time access the personal information we may have about you. You can ask us to delete the information we have about you unless we need to retain it for record keeping purposes or when required by law. We do not sell this user-entered personally identifiable information about you to any third parties.
We strongly advise that you never submit sensitive personal information to our website. If you do so anyway, it is beyond our responsibility.
– Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a device (“usage data”).
This usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, referring websites and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, this usage data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, referring websites and other diagnostic data.
– Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can at any time delete cookies on your web browser as described in the following link: How to delete browser cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, we advise you not use our website.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session cookies. We use session cookies to operate our service.
- Preference cookies. We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies. We use security cookies for security purposes.
The website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for the purpose of commissions.
There may also be a transfer and save of cookies to and from social media platforms if you apply our social media buttons.
Our Rights Concerning Information Submitted For Publishing Purposes
If you (by email or through a form on our website) choose to submit information and/or referral information/weblinks with the intention of getting it published on our website (in a ‘guest post’ or ‘local tip’), you hereby accept that we reserve the right to keep it published on Travel In Culture only as long as we consider it relevant on/to our website. Travel In Culture only publishes the user submitted information and does not in any way validate or rate the user submitted information or tips. Readers will have to make their own validation, judgement and use general common sense.
Travel In Culture reserves the right to edit the phrasing of a travel tip such that it is aligned with the structure and phrasing of other travel tips on the website. Moreover, we may include affiliate links related to the tips.
Use of Data
Travel In Culture uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
- To monitor the usage of the service
- To detect, prevent and address technical as well as security issues
- To show information specific to user’s country of origin (IP adresses are used to determine the user’s country of origin)
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may use the information for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. These are embedded in emails and allow us to analyse the success of online marketing campaigns. These tracking pixels may let us know if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Additionally, this allows us to adapt future newsletters to the interests of the users.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to, processed and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Travel In Culture may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Travel In Culture
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To make our service possible. Therefore we may need to share your data with third parties. For example we share subscribers’ information with our mail sending service.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to host and facilitate our service (“service providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services, to make our service available worldwide at a reasonable page speed, to provide us with backups of our data and website, to ensure the security of the website, or to assist us in analysing how our service is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third party Service Providers
We may use third-party service providers to provide, monitor and analyse the use of our service as well as to ensure the security and availability of our website.
- Google Analytics, by MonsterInsights Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Wordfence Security We use Wordfence Security to manage security issues. It uses security cookies. Please visit Wordfence Security for terms and conditions.
- UpdraftPlus We use UpdraftPlus for backups and restores. Please visit UpdraftPlus for terms and conditions.
- W3 Total Cache We use W3 Total Cache for technical purposes. W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of the website by increasing website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices. Please visit W3 Total Cache for further details.
- Stackpath We use Stackpath for CDN (Content Delivery Network) delivery worldwide. It secures and accelerates personal websites, blogs, and more. Our website is via Stackpath made available on servers at various locations around the world. Please visit Stackpath for further details.
- Antispam Bee We use Antispam Bee for spam detection. Antispam Bee blocks spam comments and trackbacks effectively, without captchas and without sending personal information to third party services. It uses session/security cookies. Please visit Antispam Bee for further details.
- AddToAny We use AddToAny to provide easy access to distribute our articles and images to social media platforms. By design, AddToAny does not store personal data. Their technology vendors are GDPR-compliant, and may temporarily store an IP address and set a client cookie for security purposes. Please visit AddToAny
for further details.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Disclosure of Sponsored Links, Affiliate Tracking & Commissions
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL, an image, a form or as a titled text link.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
Specifically, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. As a booking.com affiliate partner, as an iVisa affiliate partner and as a World Nomads affiliate partner we earn from purchases through our affiliate links.
We use advertising and affiliate partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this, we suggest you do not click on any adverts or links (sponsored, affiliate or others) found throughout the website.
Email Marketing Messages & Subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, IP addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR. You can at any time withdraw your consent.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The website Travel In Culture belongs to
VAT: DK 3i9622521